I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Saturday 14 September 2013

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I caved into a sweet craving and ended up making some chocolate chip cookies.  Chocolate chip cookies have always been a comfort food for me.  My mom has mastered making chocolate cookies but she made them so much when we were growing up she doesn't like making them any more.  Growing up they were a staple at my house and I remember coming home from school and heating a couple up in the microwave so I could have warm chocolate chip cookies to go with a nice cold glass of milk.
When I was away at university there was a restaurant called the Cheesecake Cafe and they made these really yummy cheesecake chocolate chip cookies.  Since I had some cream cheese in my fridge I thought I would try to make some cheesecake chocolate chip cookies.  I found a cream cheese chocolate chip cookie recipe and I thought it would be a good place to start.
The recipe was very easy and I was able to make them with very little effort.  This recipe does really well in a stand mixer.  The cookies turned out soft and moist.  I am hoping that I can use all my will power to make them last for at least a little while.

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 white sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (there is no harm in adding extra)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Cream together the cream cheese, butter and the sugars.
  3. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
  4. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  5. Add the chocolate chips.
  6. Drop them onto a cookie sheet.  The drops should be about the size of a large gum ball. 
  7. Bake between 10 -14 minutes or until they are lightly browned around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment