I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Monday 8 April 2013

Cranberry Orange Muffins

Today I had the urge to make some muffins and I wanted to use some cranberries up that I have had in the freezer since Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately didn't have any yogurt in the fridge and I didn't feel like funning out to grab some so I couldn't use my regular recipe.  I did a search and found a recipe online that I had everything for and they turned out great!  This batter is a very thick one, there is just enough moisture to wet everything so don't be startled if it looks a little thick and is hard to mix.
The muffins turned out great and reminded me why it is always good to experiment with new recipes even though you have tried and true favourites.

Cranberry Orange Muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp orange zest
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg
2 cups chopped cranberries

  1. Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
  2. Whisk together the zest, juice, oil and egg in a second bowl.
  3. Pour the juice mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and mix until just moist.
  4. Fold in the cranberries.
  5. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment