I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Snicker Doodles

These cookies are another classic recipe from my family growing up and my brother's all time favourite cookie.  My Dad is going to see my brother (he now lives across the country from the rest of us) later this week and so I thought it would be nice for him to get a special treat along with a couple of other things I am sending to be passed along to him.
Many recipes for Snicker Doodles call for cream of tatar, but personally I don't like the taste it has in the cookies so this is my preferred recipe.  It also has some cinnamon added to the dough which enhances the flavour that much more.

Snicker Doodles

1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/ 4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Coating
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
  2. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugars until they are light ad fluffy.
  4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
  5. Gradually add the flour and beat after each addition.
  6. In a bowl combine the coating together.  
  7. Roll the dough into walnut size balls and roll in the coating before placing them on a cookie sheet.
  8. Bake 10-12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment