I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Banana Muffins

I know I already have a few banana muffin recipes up here but I like to have a couple of different ones to choose from because it gets boring using the same recipes over and over again.  I went looking for a new recipe the other day because I wanted to use up some bananas from the freezer but I didn't want to have to go out to buy any ingredients.  I had all of the stuff I needed for this one in the house so it was the winner.  It turned out really well and I plan on using it again.

Banana Muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flax seeds or ground flax
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup pureed apples or applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
  1. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and whisk in the milk, apple, vanilla and honey.
  3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
  4. Fold in the bananas.
  5. Divide into muffin tins.
  6. Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment