I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Chocolate Cookie Cut-outs

Wow, these cookies are sweet chocolatie goodness!  Nothing beats home made cookies fresh out of the oven and these are no exception.  I love raw cookie dough and this is one that takes great so you have to be very disciplined or double the recipe if you want to have any cookies by the time you are done.  If you like you can even make your own 'oreo' cookies by putting some icing between the cookies.

Chocolate Cookie Cut-outs

2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 1/12 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp milk
  1. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
  3. Beat in the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.  Stir the milk.
  4. Add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and beat together until it is smooth.
  5. Refrigerate the dough for about an hour.
  6. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  7. On a floured surface roll out the dough and cut it into your desired shapes.
  8. Bake for 15 minutes and let them cool before you decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment