I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Banana Walnut Muffins

I love eating bananas but I am very particular about their ripeness when I eat them and with all of the Christmas parties I have attended this year I had some ones that did not get eaten during their prime.  So  I decided it was time to make some muffins since I enjoy having them on hand for a quick snack.  My husband and I really enjoyed these but my dog wasn't a big fan of the nuts.  He decided to help himself to one when I left them unattended while they were out cooling.

Banana Walnut Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 bananas
1/4 cup milk 
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup walnuts

  1.  Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. 
  2. In a separate bowl put in the bananas and cut in to small pieces with a fork. Smash the bananas with your fork so that it mostly mashed but with some small chunks of bananas.  
  3. Add in the egg, vanilla, and milk to the banana mixture. 
  4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and also the walnuts. Mix briefly.
  5.  Pour the batter into a nonstick muffin pan. If you really like walnuts, sprinkle some extra pieces on top of the batter before baking. 
  6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes. Make sure you take the muffins out of the tins right away, otherwise it can be very challenging to get them out in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment