I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Thursday 16 August 2012

Lemon Lavender Shortbread

If you have lavender in your garden and wonder what to do with the flowers when you cut them back.  This is a great way to use up some of them.  
These cookies are to die for!  Like most shortbread all you have to do is let this cookie melt in your mouth and enjoy the flavour medley.  I will often close my eyes and savour the taste.  The lavender adds a wonderful flavour.  I have made this recipe several times and I have family and friends who ask when I am going to make some more.  

Lemon Lavender Shortbread


  • 1/4 lb butter, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp lavender
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1. Beat butter, sugar, salt, lavender and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
    2. Add flour and beat until a soft dough results. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
    3. Roll dough into a 4" (10 cm) diameter log and wrap in a sheet of parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour.
    4. Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C). Slice log into 1/4" thick slices and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until lightly golden at edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment