I love to entertain and try new recipes. This is a way for me to share some of the recipes I have tried and what I have thought of them. I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there are some recipes you would like me to try.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Chocolate Coconut Cookies

I love how easy the cookies are to make, you don't even have to bake them!  The are definitely one for chocolate lovers to try.  I think they would make a really nice base for a ice cream cake.  I don't think they will last too long though.

Chocolate Coconut Cookies


  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup long-shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1. Mix first 3 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
    2. Combine sugar, butter and milk in a over medium-high heat. Boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
    3. Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla. Pour over rolled oat mixture and stir quickly.
    4. Quickly drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (they will firm up quickly). Cool to room temperature. May be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment